San Antonio Theatres:
Now & Then
Past & Present

Double click on the Photo Album below to see a slide show.


The Orpheum Theatre was built in 1912 by William Fenstermaker, general contractor and investor and was the original owner. The address was 215 E. Houston Street. In 1913 the name was changed to the Princess Theatre. The theatre closed in 1929. The building still stands  and is a department  store.

The photographs to the right are part of the Theatre Collection, Institute of Texan Cultures in San Antonio.  

Website Builder