Texas Theatre was located at 103 E. Houston Street and opened on December 17, 1926. It was the second atmospheric theatre built in San Antonio. The theatre was razed in 1979, except the facade which was incorporated in a new building at the site. The photograph below is Earl Able at the organ. He was a mainstay for many years and then left and opened Earl Abel's Restaurant.